Makes about 4 cups
1 medium to large leek, white and light green parts only, washed well and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 garlic clove
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 pounds asparagus (about 2 small bunch), rough ends trimmed and cut into ½-inch pieces
1 small potato (4 ounces)
¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
2 tablespoons cognac or dry white wine
2 cups vegetable or chicken broth, low sodium, divided
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Nutritional information per serving (1 cup): Calories 111 (36% from fat) • carb. 14g • pro. 5g • fat 5g • sat. fat 3g • Col. 12mg • sod. 359mg • calc. 14mg • fiber 5g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
1. Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add one leek (white and light green parts only), cut into 1-inch pieces and one garlic clove to the work bowl.
2. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap in place. The food processor is set to chop for 15 seconds on Speed 12.
3. Scrape the sides of the bowl and add 2 tablespoons butter. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap removed. The cooking time is set for 8 minutes at 250°F on Speed 2.
4. Add 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed and 1 small (4-ounce) peeled potato, both cut into 1-inch pieces with ¼ teaspoon salt.
5. Secure the Cooking Lid. The cooking time is set for 5 minutes at 250°F on Speed 1.
6. Scrape the bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of cognac or white wine. An additional 3 minutes of cooking time is set.
7. Stir in 1 cup broth (chicken or vegetable) with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Secure Cooking Lid with Steam Cap in place.
8. The cooking time is set for 10 minutes at 285°F with no speed.
9. An additional 25 minutes of cooking time is set at 210°F with no speed.
10. Vegetables should be soft. Add more cooking time if necessary.
11. The processor is set to blend for 1 minute on Speed 12.
12. Stir in ½ teaspoon lemon juice. With processor running on Speed 8, add 1 cup of chicken broth until desired consistency.
13. Taste and adjust seasoning according to preference. Serve with chopped, fresh herbs.