Makes about 12 cups
1 small head red cabbage, cut to fit wide feed tube
1 small head green cabbage, cut to fit wide feed tube
2 medium carrots
1 1-inch piece ginger, peeled
¼ cup soy sauce, low sodium
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
¼ cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1 cup shelled edamame
1 cup slivered almonds
1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
Nutritional information per serving (½ cup): Calories 85 (56% from fat) • Carb 7g • pro. 3g • fat 5g • sat. fat 0g • chol. 0mg • sod. 134mg • calc. 43mg • fiber 2g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
1. Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add 1 cup slivered almonds. Secure Cooking Lid with Steam Cap removed. The cooking time is set to toast for 5 minutes at 200°F on Speed 4.
2. Remove Metal Chopping Blade and reserve almonds. Insert the Slicing Disc Assembly adjusted to 4mm. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
3. Slice the small heads of red and green cabbage, cut to fit the large feed tube, on Speed 12.
4. Slice 6 scallions using the smallest feed tube, also on Speed 12.
5. Replace the Slicing Disc with the Shredding Disc, adjusted to coarse shred.
6. Shred 2 medium carrots on Speed 12. Remove vegetables and reserve.
7. Replace the Shredding Disc Assembly with the Metal Chopping Blade and add a 1-inch peeled piece of ginger to the bowl. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
8. The processor is set to chop for 10 seconds on Speed 12.
9. Scrape down the work bowl and add ¼ cup soy sauce, 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar and 1 tablespoon sugar. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
10. The processor is set to blend for 1 minute on Speed 12. With the motor running, slowly add ¼ cup vegetable oil and 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil through the small feed tube.
11. When ready to serve, toss the reserved vegetables with cup each of shelled edamame and toasted slivered almonds and tablespoon white sesame seeds. Finally toss together with dressing.
12. Taste and adjust seasoning according to preference.