Homemade applesauce is a great way to use up some of those apples that have passed their prime!
Makes about 3½ cups
8 apples (about 8 ounces each)
¼ cup water
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 102 (6%) • carb. 26g • pro. 1g • fat 1g • sat. fat 0g • Col. 0mg • sod. 2mg • calc. 9mg • fiber 5g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
1. Peel, core, and cut apples into 2-inch pieces.
2. Insert Metal Chopping Blade, Add apples, ¼ cup water, tablespoon lemon juice and ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap in place.
3. The cooking time is set for 20 minutes at 250°F on Speed 2.
4. Apples should be completely soft.
5. The processor is set to blend for 30 seconds on Speed 10