A fun spin on both bacon-wrapped water chestnuts and sweet and sour pork. These little bites are quick, easy and under 50 calories each!
FOR THE SAUCE:
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1/4 cups Reduced-sugar Ketchup
1/4 cups Chili Sauce
1/4 cups Water
1/4 cups Sugar Free Grape Jelly
2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tablespoon Fresh Garlic, Minced
FOR THE ASSEMBLY:
5 slices Turkey Bacon
1/2 can (20 Oz Can) Of Pineapple Chunks, Drained (1/2 Of A Can Is About 30 Chunks)
30 Toothpicks (plus Or Minus)
No nutrition information available
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a small rimmed baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a medium-sized saucepan on high heat, combine all the sauce ingredients.
3. Bring the sauce to a boil, stirring constantly.
4. Once the sauce begins to boil, turn the heat down to medium and let the sauce simmer until it begins to thicken, about 5-10 minutes.
5. While the sauce simmers, slice each piece of bacon in half and then cut each half into thirds. This would make each strip of bacon equal 6 strips.
6. Dry the pineapple chunks between two pieces of paper towel and wrap each with one bacon strip, securing with a toothpick.
7. Spread the pineapple chunks out onto the prepared baking tray, and pour the sauce evenly over the top.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the sauce is sticky and thick and the bacon is fully cooked.
9. Serve Hot