10 oz package of frozen spinach (thawed and drained)
1/2 cup of scallions (chopped)
1/2 cup of dill (torn up)
1/2 cup of parsley (torn up)
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
4 ounces of cream cheese
4 ounces of cottage cheese
2 tbsp parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
Phyllo Dough sheets (thawed)
Approx. 1 WW point per triangle
In food processor, combine spinach with scallions, parsley, dill, cheeses, eggs, salt and pepper. Process until smooth.
On a cutting board, spray and layer three sheets of fillo dough. Lightly spraying each sheet with cooking spray. Cut layered phyllo in half lengthwise. Place one tablespoon of filling about 1" from corner of each strip. Fold one corner of fillo diagonally across to opposite edge to form a triangle. Spray lightly. Continue to fold triangle onto itself. Spray outside the outside of the triangle to produce a golden brown color when baked.
Place triangles seam side down on ungreased cookie sheet at least 1” apart. Repeat until the filling is used up. Bake in preheated 350ºF oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot.
GENERAL FILLO DOUGH HANDLING DIRECTIONS
1. Allow fillo dough to thaw in refrigerator overnight. Bring to room temperature before using.
2. Carefully unroll phyllo sheets onto a smooth, dry surface.
3. Cover fillo completely with plastic wrap, then a damp towel.
4. Keep fillo covered until needed. Do not leave uncovered for more than one minute to avoid drying out.
5. Microwave butter until melted. This will give you a lighter and flakier pastry.
6. Brush each layer of phyllo with melted butter, margarine or oil.
7. To prevent edges from cracking, brush edges first and then work into center.
8. Be sure to brush the last layer of phyllo with melted butter.
9. Fillings should be chilled and not excessively moist.
10. Fillo may be rolled and refrozen to store when not in use.