This salad perfectly marries the sweet flavor of the squid and the spiciness of the roasted potatoes. The soft squid and crunchy roasted potatoes also give every bite a perfect crunch and texture contrast.
Even though this is an appetizer dish, this dish in itself is a complete meal with vegetables, protein and starch. It is super easy to make even on a weekday night. So try it today and have it as any type of meal you desire.
Ingredients (for salad):
1) 1.5lb potatoes, cut to 1-inch cubes
2) 1 teaspoon chili powder
3) 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
4) 1 teaspoon salt
5) 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
6) 10oz fresh squid, sliced to 1-inch strips
7) 1 lb broccolette, cut into about 1-inch florets and stems
8) Salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients (for dressing):
1) 3 tablespoons lemon juice
2) 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3) 1 teaspoon mustard
4) Salt and pepper to taste
190 Calories, 9% Total fat, 4.9g fiber, 11.5g protein, 24% potassium, 37% Cholesterol, 8% Total Carbohydrates, 12% Vitamin A, 9% Iron, 6% Calcium, 154% Vitamin C
1) Preheat oven to 425F.
2) Combine chili powder, ground black pepper, salt and 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil in a mixing bowl and pour over potatoes and toss well to combine. Lay potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and roast in oven for 30 minutes.
3) On another baking sheet, lay broccolette and season with a little salt and pepper and roast in the same oven for about 15 minutes.
4) While potatoes and broccolette are roasting, cut squid and dry completely with paper towels.
5) Heat up a sauté pan with the rest of the grapeseed oil and sauté squid for about 2 minutes. Do not overcook the squid because it will become rubbery. Once the squid turns opaque, it is cooked and ready. Remove from the pan as they become opaque and set aside.
6) Next, make the dressing. Combine all ingredients for dressing in a bowl and whisk well to combine and form a temporary emulsion.
7) Once the potatoes and broccolette are ready, remove from baking sheet into a large mixing bowl with the squid. Pour dressing over and toss well to combine.
8) Serve warm or at room temperature.