A creamy hummus with a delicate roasted garlic flavor. The lemon and cilantro really bring out all the flavors. It's great with pita bread off the grill, or your favorite crispy pita chips. Fresh vegetables are also a great alternative for dipping in the hummus! Enjoy!
1 can of Garbanzo beans
juice of 1 whole lemon
1 whole bulb of roasted garlic
1 cup of fresh cilantro
salt and pepper to taste
No nutrition information available
1. Start off by preheating oven to 350 degrees. Take 1 bulb of garlic and cut off top part, so it's flat on top. Drizzle a bit of olive oil on top, and wrap in foil. Bake in oven for 45 minutes.
2. While you are baking the garlic, you can start on the hummus. Open can of Garbanzo beans and pour the juice in a cup and save. I like to rinse the beans, then put into your Cuisinart food processor.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of Tahini, 1/4 cup of olive oil, or less..depending on your taste. Add the lemon juice, cilantro, salt and pepper. Blend all ingredients until smooth.
4. When the garlic is finished, let cool for a few minutes. Open the foil and use tongs to hold and squeeze the garlic into food processor. Use as much as you like. I usually use almost all of it, then save the rest for something else that day.
5. Blend on high until creamy. If hummus seems a bit thick, you can always add some of the Garbanzo bean juice you had saved. If you do add juice blend some more.
6. Put into container with lid, and chill in fridge for a couple hours. Before serving I put in a pretty serving dish and sprinkle with paprika and drizzle a bit of olive oil on top!