3 pounds chicken wings (drumettes and wingettes)
1 tablespoon Korean spice blend (see ingredients below)
Korean Spice Blend:
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
3 scallions, white and light green parts minced, green parts sliced thin
1 tablespoon grated ginger
2 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoon gochujang or red chili paste
No nutrition information available
- Toss wings and Korean spice blend in a large bowl until evenly distributed.
- To make the sauce, place minced scallions, ginger, brown sugar, cider vinegar, soy sauce, and gochujang into an aluminum disposable pan (we used Cuisinart Aluminum Drip Trays).
- Whisk until smooth and set aside.
- Preheat your seasoned griddle to high heat.
- Add wings to griddle and cook until cook sides are dark golden brown, about 5-7 minutes.
- Turn wings and repeat until all sides are well charred and crispy.
- Move wings onto one side of the griddle and place the disposable pan with sauce in the middle.
- Add wings into pan and toss until evenly coated.
- Cook wings in pan until internal temperature in 160 degrees and sauce has darkened, thicken, and has become sticky, approximately 12-15 minutes, tossing wings every 3 minutes.
- Transfer wings to plater, sprinkle with scallion greens and serve immediately.