Quick, easy, and tastes awesome! The recipe is great as-is, but also lends itself well to modification . Keeping this one on file for later!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red chili pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (15 ounce) can italian tomato sauce
- 1 (30 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ½ ounce) cans red kidney beans (drained)
No nutrition information available
- Brown hamburger & onions. Drain.
- Whisk the dry ingredients to blend thoroughly. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, and dry ingredients to the pan. Simmer for at least one hour. Refrigerate overnight.
- Reheat and remove the bay leaf before serving.
Note: Freezes very well. 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce plus ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning can be substituted for the Italian tomato sauce.