A delicious and easy Mexican appetizer that will have your guests begging for the recipe. The cups and filling can be prepared ahead of time. When ready to serve, can quickly be put together and heated for a delicious and fun appetizer. Filling keeps refrigerated up to 1 week.
1 pkg. Wonton/Egg Roll Wraps
1 lb. Hamburger Meat
1 pkg. Taco Seasoning Mix
1 cup Sour Cream
2 cups Shredded Four Cheese Mexican
Salsa, Sour Cream, Jalapeno Peppers
No nutrition information available
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Fry hamburger meat on medium heat until cooked through, mashing it while cooking so pieces are small. Drain. Put back on stove and stir in the taco seasoning until mixed well. (Do not add water.) Remove from heat and place in a large mixing bowl to cool.
3. Using a regular sized cupcake pan, place a wonton wrap into the bottom of each cupcake tin. (If using the large sized wontons, you will need to cut each wrap into 4 equal sized squares.) Using your fingers, poke down each wonton to make a well. Bake for approximately 5 minutes or until cups are firm and can stand on their own. Do not brown. You now have your taco cups.
4. Mix 1 C. sour cream into the hamburger mix, then stir in the 2 C. of shredded cheese. This makes about 3 C. of filling for the taco cups.
5. This mixture can be refrigerated and the taco cups can be wrapped and saved for later. If ready to use immediately, fill each taco cup with 1 rounded teaspoon. of hamburger mixture and bake until melted. About 5 minutes.
6. Serve with a dollop of salsa, then a dollop of sour cream and top with a jalapeno. Eat right away. If you wish, you may serve the salsa, sour cream and jalapenos on the side for your guests to make their own taco cup. Either way, they are yummy!