These Deep-Fried Ravioli with Marinara Sauce are unique and scrumptious. You're going love these crispy and gooey morsels!
1 qt vegetable oil
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup plain bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
2 tbsp dried oregano
2 tbsp dried basil
1 tbsp dried thyme
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
12 store-bought ravioli
Ingredients for the Marinara Sauce:
1 tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove, Minced
1 (14.5-ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained, seeded and roughly chopped
1/4 cup dry red wine
2 tbsp fresh oregano, minced
2 tbsp sugar
salt and pepper
No nutrition information available
1. Make the marinara sauce: Warm oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add garlic and tomatoes and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Deglaze pot by adding wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from bottom of pot; then stir in oregano and sugar and season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer mixture to a food processor and process to desired consistency. Return mixture to pot and simmer 30 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.
2. Preheat vegetable oil in a large, heavy pot over medium-high heat.
3. Place flour in one shallow dish and eggs in another. In a third, mix bread crumbs, 1/4 cup Parmesan, oregano, basil, thyme, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
4. In two batches, toss ravioli in flour, gently shaking off excess. Dip in egg and then in bread crumb mixture. Thread 3 breaded ravioli onto each skewer.
5. Once oil reaches 350°F, carefully place skewers in pot, 2 at a time, and fry about 4 to 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan. Serve warm, with marinara sauce on the side.