Crispy fried egg roll wrappers surround a spicy creamy filling. No man can resist this appetizer!
No servings information available
1 16oz. package egg roll wraps (approx 15)
3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
2 8oz. packages cream cheese
4 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon white pepper
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup water
1 8oz. bottle sweet and sour sauce, store bought, for dipping
shortening or peanut oil (for frying)
No nutrition information available
1. In a cast iron skillet, deep pot, or deep fryer heat enough shortening or peanut oil to fill half way. About 350'.
2. Seed and chop jalapenos.
3. In a Cuisinart mixer add cream cheese, jalapenos, milk, garlic powder, cheese, salt and white pepper.
4. Blend until creamy.
5. Chill for 30 minutes.
6. Dip a pastry brush in water and paint square along the outside of egg roll wrapper. (When it is time to roll the wrapper this will ensure a good seal).
7. Place 1½ tablespoon of cream cheese mixture in the wrapper. Lay a wrapper on the counter with 1 corner pointing toward you. Wrap that corner around the cheese and roll the whole thing up until the cheese log is level with the 2-sided corner. At this point fold both side corners to the center. Continue to roll it up until almost to the final corner. Use your finger to paint some of the flour paste on that corner. Finish rolling to seal the corner to the roll.
8. Gently slip filled egg rolls into hot oil. Turning occasionally until golden.
9. Let drain on paper towels.
10. Serve with sweet and sour sauce!