Here's a new kind of bread roll which is simple to prepare & relished by all. The taste is enhanced by the potato stuffing inside & crispy texture of bread on the outside. It's an easy to prepare appetizer that goes well with coffee or tea. Enjoy!!
For the stuffing:-
2 medium sized potatoes
1 tsp Ginger paste
1 tbsp Coriander powder
1 tbsp Cumin powder
1 jalapeno, chopped, to taste,
Salt to taste,
1/4 cup Cilantro leaves
For Crust :-
Bread - 5 slices
Oil -to deep fry
No nutrition information available
1. Boil the potatoes. On cooling, peel out the skin and mash them.
Note:-Don't allow the boiled potatoes to sit in the boiling water for long as they can get soggy when mushed.
2. Add all the dry spices & herbs along with ginger garlic paste.
3. Adjust salt as per taste.
4. Mix well till a soft doughy texture (not sticky) is attained out of it.
5. After the stuffing is ready place sufficient oil in a frying pan on medium to high heat.
6. For the outer crust of the bread roll:
a) Take the slices & cut out the hard edges.
b) Take water in a bowl & gently dip one side of a slice in it.
Note: If bread slice is too soft then sprinkling sufficient water is suggested to make it damp
c) Quickly squeeze out the excess water off the bread by pressing it between both the palms.
d) Place a golf-size ball amount of filling in the damp slice of bread & fold it well from all sides.
e) Repeat the same step for all other slices.
7. Deep fry them on medium low to medium heat till they get golden brown & crispy on the outside.
8. Serve it with tomato ketchup/mustard along with tea/coffee.