about 2 cups
• 3 large red beets
• ½ cup canned chickpeas
• ½ cup shelled edamame
• ⅓ cup tahini
• 2 garlic cloves, grated
• ½ teaspoon lemon zest
• 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
• ¾ teaspoon salt
• ¼ cup Extra Virgin olive oil
No nutrition information available
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cut off the beet tops. Scrub and dry the beets then wrap them loosely in aluminum foil. Place the beets on a baking sheet and roast for about 50-60 minutes, depending on their size. Check the beets after 40 minutes by piercing with a small paring knife. Beets are done when a knife slides easily to the center. Open the foil and allow the beets to cool.
2. When cool enough to handle, peel the beets. Using a paring knife or your hands, gently peel away the skin and discard. Set aside.
3. Using a food processor, such as a Cusinart fitted with a metal blade attachment, add the cooled, roasted beets, chickpeas, edamame, tahini, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice and salt. Puree on high for 1 minute or until smooth. Pulse in the olive oil to blend. Serve hummus dip chilled.