1 dozen scallops
1 lb. thinly sliced bacon
¼ cup olive oil
1 tablespoon barbecue rub
No nutrition information available
1. Remove rack from smoker and bring to work station.
2. Fill middle bowl portion of water/wood chip tray with your choice of wood chips. Fill outer ring of tray with water.
2. Preheat smoker to 215°F.
3. Place scallops in large zip lock bag
4. Pour oil in bag and roll bag around until scallops are coated in oil
5. Place barbecue rub in bag and roll around until scallops are coated in barbecue rub
6. Place bag in refrigerator for about 1 hour to marinate
7. Remove bag from refrigerator, take a scallop out of the bag and place at one end of bacon and roll until bacon wraps around the scallop. Cut the bacon once it wraps completely around the scallop and overlaps by about ¼ of an inch.
8. Place a toothpick through bacon wrapped scallop until it pokes evenly out the other side
9. Repeat this process for each scallop
10. Sprinkle the barbecue rub on top of each bacon wrapped scallop
11. Put each bacon wrapped scallop on smoker rack
12. Place rack in smoker and close. Let sit in smoker for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until scallops are finished cooking