Oysters RockefellerCuisinart Original Recipe
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 large shallot, peeled and finely chopped
1 large garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
1 cup packed spinach, finely chopped
1 tablespoon Pernod
8 large oysters, shucked, on the half-shell
1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
1. Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter and put in a small mixing bowl with the breadcrumbs and salt. Mix to combine; reserve.
2. Put the remaining butter in a medium skillet set over medium-low heat. Once melted, add the shallot and garlic; saute until softened. Add the spinach and saute until bright and wilted. Increase the heat to medium/medium-high; add the Pernod and stir to fully coat. Cook until Pernod has evaporated. Remove from heat; reserve.
3. Top each oyster with a heaping teaspoon of spinach mixture, then with the seasoned breadcrumbs.
4. Line the baking pan with parchment paper. Put prepared oysters on the tray and put in the oven with the rack in the middle rack position. Set to Convection Bake at 400°F for 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Remove oysters from oven when golden brown and sprinkle with chopped parsley; serve immediately.
ServingsMakes 8 servings
Nutritional information per oyster:
Calories 94 (72% from fat) • carb. 5g • pro. 1g
• fat 7g • sat. fat 5g • chol. 21mg • sod. 104mg
• calc. 9mg • fiber 0g
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!