Pork DumplingsCuisinart Original Recipe
The great thing about steaming is that the food is ready in no time. In just 30 minutes, you can have homemade pork dumplings."
nonstick cooking spray
1 quart water for steaming, plus more for assembling wontons
6 ounces ground pork
½ tablespoon finely chopped ginger
1½ tablespoons finely chopped scallions
1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce, plus more for serving
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1½ teaspoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons chopped apple, (about ¼ of a peeled and cored apple)
pinch ground mustard
18 wonton wrappers
1. Lightly coat the steaming rack with nonstick cooking spray. Reserve.
2. Put 1 quart of water into the cooking pot of the Multicooker.
3. Put all ingredients except the wonton wrappers into a large bowl. Gently toss with hands to fully combine, making sure not to over-mix or the filling will be too tough.
4. Set up your work station with a small bowl of water and a pastry brush, large plate or cutting board, package of wonton wrappers, and wonton filling. On a clean surface, line up 3 to 6 wonton wrappers at a time. Place about ½ tablespoon of filling in the middle of each wrapper. Brush the edges of the wrappers with a small amount of water and fold bottom point up, making a triangle. Either crimp all edges like a pleat or fold up the two end points and pinch to seal, using more water if needed. Continue to fill the remaining wontons. Keep the prepared wontons on a clean tray or cutting board and cover with plastic so as not to dry out. Transfer all filled dumplings to the steaming rack and place rack in the unit; cover.
5. Set the unit to Steam. Let steam for about 15 minutes.
6. These are delicious served with soy sauce.
ServingsMakes 18 dumplings
Nutritional information per dumpling:
Calories 58 (46% from fat) • carb. 5g • pro. 3g
• fat 3g • sat. fat 1g • chol. 8mg • sod. 83mg
• calc. 6mg • fiber 0g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
3-in-1 Cook Central®