Make these meatballs ahead, roast and keep in the freezer. Reheat in your favorite marinara sauce and serve with pasta for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
- 1 1/3 cups fine fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 cups milk (whole or reduced fat)
- 1 1/3 cups finely chopped onions
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 3/4 teaspoon marjoram
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 3/4 pounds ground turkey (7% fat)
- 1 3/4 pounds turkey sausage (hot or sweet – may mix), casings removed
- 12 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed as dry as possible
- 6 tablespoons grated Asiago cheese
- 1/3 cup minced fresh Italian parsley
No nutrition information available
- Place breadcrumbs and milk in the Cuisinart mixing bowl. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheets (jelly-roll type) with parchment or foil.
- Add onions, eggs, basil, marjoram, oregano, nutmeg, salt, and pepper to mixing bowl. Insert the flat mixing paddle. Mix on speed 2 until well blended, about 1 minute. Add ground turkey, sausage, and spinach. Mix on speed 1 for 1 minute to blend, then increase to speed 3 and mix until completely combined, about 2 minutes. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl and paddle. Add the grated cheese and minced parsley, then mix on speed 3 until blended, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Using a ¼-cup measure or a #16 ice cream scoop, portion out meat mixture and shape into balls. Place on prepared baking sheets about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake meatballs for 20 to 25 minutes, until browned, turning after about 12 minutes of baking. Let cool. Drain fat from juices, discard fat. Juices may be added to marinara sauce to reheat meatballs.