Be sure to have these sandwiches front and center on your lunch buffet – they are not only delicious, but they will also bring lots of color to your table.
- 1 small to medium cucumber, halved lengthwise and widthwise
- ½ cup salmon cream cheese, lemon-dill-caper variety (page 6), softened
- 1 loaf pumpernickel cocktail bread*
- 3.5 ounces smoked salmon, torn or cut into 22 pieces
Calories 85 (48% from fat) | carb. 7g | pro. 4g | fat 5g sat. fat 2g | chol. 13mg | sod. 360mg | calc. 12mg | fiber 1g
- Insert the slicing disc into the work bowl of the food processor. Slice the cucumber (you will have half-moon shapes).
- Lay the slices of bread on a clean work surface. Spread 1 teaspoon of cream cheese on one side of each piece of bread. Top half of the slices with 3 cucumber slices and a piece of smoked salmon each. Top with another piece of bread, cream cheese side down.
- Halve the sandwiches on the diagonal and serve immediately.
*If you cannot find cocktail bread, extra-thin sliced bread, such as Pepperidge Farm brand, is a good substitute. Just cut each slice in quarters to make them cocktail size.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!