Serve this brightly flavored dip with warm pita for a satisfying snack.
- ¼ cup fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 cans (15.5oz each) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, plus 1 tbsp for serving
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- ¹∕8 tsp paprika, optional
- pinch za'atar, optional
Nutritional information per serving (1 tablespoon): Calories 43 (41% from fat) • carb. 5g • pro. 1g • fat 2g • sat. fat 0g • chol. 0mg • sod. 138mg • calc. 11mg • fiber 1g
- Put the parsley, salt, lemon zest and garlic into the large work bowl fitted with the large chopping blade. Pulse to roughly chop, about 5 to 6 times. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add remaining ingredients and process on High until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Serve, drizzled with the extra tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkled with paprika and za'atar, if using.
You might need