Serve this brightly flavored dip with warm pita for a satisfying snack.
- ¼ cup fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 cans (15.5oz each) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, plus 1 tbsp for serving
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- ¹∕8 tsp paprika, optional
- pinch za'atar, optional
Nutritional information per serving (1 tablespoon): Calories 43 (41% from fat) • carb. 5g • pro. 1g • fat 2g • sat. fat 0g • chol. 0mg • sod. 138mg • calc. 11mg • fiber 1g
- Put the parsley, salt, lemon zest and garlic into the large work bowl fitted with the large chopping blade. Pulse to roughly chop, about 5 to 6 times. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add remaining ingredients and process on High until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Serve, drizzled with the extra tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkled with paprika and za'atar, if using.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!
You might need