Potato SkinsCuisinart Original Recipe
Don't let the potato flesh go to waste. It can be made into a delicious breakfast side dish the next morning. Just cook with some oil, salt and pepper in a hot skillet, and then top with chopped bacon or sautéed vegetables. Perfect with any type of eggs."
4 russet potatoes, cleaned well
2 tablespoons unsalted melted butter, kept warm
sea or kosher salt, to taste
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 cup shredded Cheddar
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
sour cream, to taste
2 tablespoons chopped chives
1. Preheat the Compact Toaster Oven Broiler set to Bake at 350°F with the rack in position A for 5 minutes.
2. Prick the potatoes with the tines of a fork on all sides. Place the potatoes directly on the rack and bake until potatoes are fork-tender, about 60 minutes.
3. Remove potatoes and let rest until cool enough to handle.
Increase temperature to 425°F.
4. Halve potatoes lengthwise and scoop out flesh, leaving a ¼-inch shell.
5. Brush both sides of the potato halves with the melted butter and season with salt and pepper. Arrange the halves on the foil-lined baking pan.
6. Evenly distribute the cheese on top of each half, and then top with the bacon.
7. Bake skins for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
8. Remove and with a sharp knife halve each skin to make a total of 16 wedges. Top with the sour cream and chopped chives. Serve immediately.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 491 (34% from fat) • carb. 65g • pro. 17g • fat 18g • sat. fat 11g • chol. 55mg • sod. 300mg • calc. 284mg • fiber 8g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
Compact Toaster Oven Broiler