Classic kettle corn right at home
1/4 cup granulated sugar 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into small cubes 2 teaspoons vegetable oil 1/3 cup popcorn kernels 1/2 teaspoon kosher/sea salt
Nutritional information per 1-cup serving:
Calories 120 (52% from fat) • carb. 13g • pro. 1g
• fat 7g • sat. fat 4g • chol. 15mg • sod. 148mg
• calc. 1mg • fiber 1g
1. Put the sugar into a heavy-bottom saucepan, even out to a level layer, and place over medium heat. Leave the sugar over the heat for about 10 to 15 minutes, shaking the pan every few minutes. The sugar should still be white but will smell of caramel.
2. Put the butter into the saucepan a little at a time. The butter should begin to melt instantly once it hits the pan. Whisk in all of the butter. The mixture should be smooth and glossy. Leave on very low heat until ready to use.
3. Pour the vegetable oil onto the heating plate with the measured popcorn kernels.
4. Place the bowl on the popping plate and switch the slide selector to Pop.
5. Once the last kernel has popped, move the slide selector from Pop to Mix.
6. Pour the sugar/butter mixture through the flavor dispenser, using a spatula to scrape all ingredients out of the pan. Sprinkle in the salt. Allow to mix for about 30 to 45 seconds so flavors completely coat the popcorn.
7. Place lid on popper and invert. Serve immediately.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!