Add a roasted red pepper and 1 teaspoon of herbes de Provence for a variation.
- 1/3 cup loosely packed Italian parsley leaves
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 can (19 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons tahini*
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Nutritional information per serving (2 tablespoons): Calories 80 (56% from fat) • carb. 6g • pro. 2g • fat 5g • sat. fat 1g • chol. 0mg • sod. 60mg • calc. 21mg • fiber 2g
- Chop the parsley for 5 seconds; remove and reserve. With machine running, drop garlic through feed tube. Process until finely chopped, about 5 seconds. Add chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, water, cumin and reserved parsley to work bowl; process until smooth, 1½ to 2 minutes, stopping to scrape work bowl as needed one or two times. With the machine running, add the olive oil in a steady stream and process until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Taste and season with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. *Tahini is a sesame seed paste available in most grocery stores.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!