This popular Mexican specialty is delicious with chips and vegetable crudites, or as a topping for grilled chicken or fish.
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 green onions, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 jalapeno peppers, cored, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (juice of 1 1/2 medium limes)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup finely chopped tomatoes
Nutritional information per serving (3 tablespoons): Calories 90 (71% from fat) • carb. 6g • pro. 1g • fat 8g • sat. fat 1g • chol. 0mg • sod. 180mg calc. 14mg • fiber 4g
- Place the garlic, green onions and jalapeno peppers in the work bowl. Pulse on Chop 10 times; scrape the bottom and sides of the work bowl. Add the avocados, lime juice, cumin, coriander and salt. Pulse on Chop 10 times, then process on Chop continuously for 15 seconds; scrape the work bowl. Process on Chop for another 15 to 20 seconds until smooth and creamy. Transfer to a serving bowl. Stir in chopped tomatoes before serving.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!