1 small dried chipotle pepper – chopped
1 ear corn – grilled and removed from cob
½ red bell pepper
1 poblano pepper – chopped
1/3 cup scallions – chopped
½ can black beans – drained & rinsed
1/3 cup cilantro – chopped
Whole wheat tortillas (4)
1 lb free range chicken marinated overnight (lime juice, salt & pepper, lime zest)
4 cheeses, 1/2 cup shredded each: Parrano, Canestrato, Cheddar, Brie
4 avocados – peeled and smashed
2 roma tomatoes – diced
1 jalapeno – chopped small
½ green bell pepper – chopped small
2 limes – squeezed
1 tbsp cilantro – chopped
1/3 green onion – chopped
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp paprika
salt & pepper
Sour Cream Dip:
1 cup sour cream
1 tbsp cumin
1 ½ lime squeezed
Chopped scallions for garnish
No nutrition information available
1. Cut chicken into strips and marinate overnight.
2. Shred all 4 cheeses & set aside.
3. Grill chicken & corn, cut chicken into small chunks and remove corn from cob. Place both into medium size bowl and add chopped cilantro.
4. Chop chipotle pepper, bell pepper, poblano pepper, and scallions and place in skillet with 1.5 tablespoons coconut oil. Cook 3-4 minutes until pepper are slightly soft.
5. Add beans to skillet for 1 minute more.
6. Remove skillet mix and add to bowl with chicken, corn and cilantro.
7. Place 1 tortilla in skillet and add bowl mixture with 1/4 of all shredded cheeses to half of tortilla. Add additional handful of cheese to other half of tortilla. Fold over tortilla and brown for 2 minutes each side.
8. Cut quesadilla into 4 even pieces and place on dish. Garnish with cilantro on top.
1. Mash 4 avocados into a bowl.
2. Chop green onion, tomatoes, bell pepper, cilantro and add to bowl.
3. Squeeze limes into bowl.
4. Add cumin, paprika, salt & pepper and mix thoroughly.
Sour Cream Dip:
1. Mix sour cream, cumin & ground pepper together then add fresh lime juice.
2. Top with chopped scallions.
Put guacamole and sour cream dip in between the quesadilla slices and serve!