Hummus - 8 ServingsUser Submitted Recipe
Garnish with parsley, olive oil and a dash of paprika.
Serve with raw vegetables and pita bread wedges for dipping."
1 15oz. can garbanzos (chickpeas)
2 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/8 tsp. white pepper
1/4 cup tahini (ground sesame sauce, in a jar or can)
1 tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 tbsp. parsley, finely chopped
extra virgin olive oil, as a garnish
rose paprika, as a garnish, sweet or hot
1. In a Cuisinart food processor, chop garlic cloves as fine as possible.
2. Drain chickpeas and add them to the food processor. Process until fine, with slight texture retained.
3. Add tahini and lemon juice.
4. Remove from food processing container into a mixing bowl. Add salt and pepper. Combine thoroughly. Taste, and correct the seasoning, adding additional salt, pepper, or tahini. Add additional lemon juice if needed to correct texture or flavor.
5. Transfer to a serving bowl.
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!