- 4 slices (1/2-inch thick) crusty artisanal bread* or individual focaccia, sliced horizontally
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces sliced fresh mozzarella (can use fresh smoked mozzarella)
- 4-6 thin tomato slices (to fit across bread)
- kosher or sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 8 large basil leaves
calories 365 (49% from fat) · carb 29g · protein 17g · fat 20g · sat fat 9g · chol 44mg · sod 579mg · calc 309mg · fiber 1g
- Preheat Cuisinart™ Griddler in the closed grill position to 375°F.
- Lightly brush one side of each slice of bread with olive oil. Lay on work surface oiled side down. Layer with cheese and tomato. Season lightly with salt and pepper if desired.
- Stack basil leaves and roll into a cylinder. Slice the cylinder using a sharp knife to get shreds of basil. Sprinkle the tomato with the basil shreds. Top with the other slice of bread, oiled side up.
- Place the sandwiches on the preheated Griddler. Cover, press lightly for 30 seconds and bake for 3 to 4 minutes until bread is grill marked and crispy and cheese is melted. Serve hot.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!