A fun summer appetizer when zucchini are abundant.
- 12 slices (½ inch thick) French bread
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta, strained
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1½ teaspoons fresh mint, thinly sliced, divided
- 1 small zucchini, about 3 ounces
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Nutritional information per bruschetta:
Calories 156 (33% from fat) • carb. 19g • pro. 7g • fat 6g sat. fat 3g • chol. 12mg • sod. 309mg • calc. 87mg • fiber 1g
1. Preheat toaster oven to 375°F. Rub one side of each slice of bread with the garlic and then brush with the tablespoon of olive oil. Bake in oven for about 5 minutes, until golden and crispy.
2. Mix the ricotta together with the Parmesan, ¼ teaspoon of salt, ¼ teaspoon of pepper and 1 teaspoon of mint. Reserve.
3. Assemble the Cuisinart ® PrepExpress™ with the 9mm Shred/Spaghetti Cone and the Angled Feed Tube. Shred the zucchini and toss together with the lemon juice, remaining salt, pepper and mint.
4. Assemble the bruschetta by topping each with 1 tablespoon of the ricotta mixture and then 1 teaspoon of the shredded zucchini.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!