Daikon, also known as Chinese radish or winter radish, makes an excellent and nutritious substitute in these rolls, which are traditionally stuffed with rice noodles.
- PEANUT DIPPING SAUCE
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce, reduced sodium
- 1 very small garlic clove
- 1 ½-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- ½ to 1 teaspoon hot chili sauce
- ½ teaspoon fresh lime juice
- SUMMER ROLLS
- 1 large daikon (12 ounces), peeled
- ½ large seedless cucumber, trimmed
- 1 firm mango, pitted and cut to fit Angled Feed Tube
- 2 firm avocados, halved, pitted and flesh scooped out
- 1 large carrot, peeled
- 24 rice paper rounds
- Warm water, for assembling
- 10 sprigs fresh mint
- 10 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
Nutritional information per serving (1 summer roll): Calories 49 (32% from fat) • carb. 8g • pro. 1g • fat 2g • sat. fat 0g chol. 0mg • sod. 76mg • calc. 18mg • fiber 2g
Nutritional information per serving (½ tablespoon peanut dipping sauce): Calories 28 (30% from fat) • carb. 5g • pro. 1g • fat 1g • sat. fat 0g • chol. 0mg • sod. 136mg • calc. 28mg • fiber 0g
1. Put all of the Peanut Dipping Sauce ingredients into the small bowl of a Cuisinart ® Food Processor or Chopper. Process until completely smooth and homogenous. Transfer to a small serving bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Assemble the Cuisinart ® PrepExpress™ with the 3.0mm Shred/Spaghetti Cone and Straight Feed Tube. Spiralize the daikon. Remove and reserve.
3. Replace the Shred/Spaghetti Cone and Straight Feed Tube with the Slice/Ribbon Cone and Angled Feed Tube. Slice the cucumber; remove and reserve. Repeat with the mango and avocados, stopping to clean the Cutting Cone as necessary.
4. Replace the Slice/Ribbon Cone with the 3.0mm Shred/ Spaghetti Cone. Shred the carrot. Reserve.
5. Assemble the summer rolls by dipping one of the rice paper rounds into a bowl of warm water. When the rice paper becomes soft and malleable, remove from water, let excess drip off and transfer to a flat plate. Smooth edges to flatten into a circle.
6. Pile a heaping tablespoon of spiralized daikon into the center of the rice paper. In even layers, top with 2 cucumber slices, 3 mint leaves, 2 avocado slices, 3 mango slices, a pinch of carrot, 4 cilantro leaves, a squeeze of lime and a very small pinch of the salt.
7. Fold the bottom of the rice paper over the filling, then fold the right edge inward, and then the left, and roll up from the bottom to seal. Repeat with remaining rice papers.
8. Serve with the Peanut Dipping Sauce.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!