A great way to start dinner. Pass a plate of these around while you are waiting
for the rest of your meal to finish cooking.
Griddler® Elite Cooking Position: Closed
Plate Side: Griddle
6 portabella caps, stems removed and saved or discarded
3 garlic cloves
3⁄4 cup panko (Japanese-style) breadcrumbs
½ teaspoon dried basil
¾ teaspoon dried oregano
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
¼ teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
¼ teaspoon lemon zest
½ teaspoon sea or kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
¾ cup grated Parmesan
6 portabella caps, stems removed and saved for a separate use or discarded
Nutritional information per mushroom:
Calories 205 (68% from fat) • carb. 9g • pro. 9g • fat 16g • sat. fat 5g
• chol. 15mg • sod. 404mg • calc. 190mg • fiber 1g
1. Fit the grill with the grill plates and preheat both plates to 450˚F.
2. While the unit is preheating, chop the garlic in a Cuisinart Food Processor or Chopper. Add the panko, herbs, zest, salt and pepper and process until combined. Transfer to a mixing bowl and add 2 tablespoons of oil and the Parmesan. Reserve.
3. Brush the tops and bottoms of the mushrooms with 2 tablespoons of the oil. Place on the lower preheated grill plates and using the cover height adjuster, gently close so that the upper plate is just slightly touching the tops of the mushrooms. Grill 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until grill marks are visible.
4. Keeping the top plate at 450˚F, reduce the bottom plate to Warm. Open the grill and evenly divide the mushroom mixture among the tops of the grilled portabellos. Setting the cover height adjuster at the highest notch, close the upper plate until it is sitting just above the mushrooms. Let the mushrooms brown until the breadcrumb mixture is toasted, about 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Serve immediately.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!