Great for a Sunday brunch, this quiche will please any crowd.
1 blind-baked 9-inch tart shell based on ½ of the Pâte Brisée recipe that follows
1½ teaspoons unsalted butter, or olive oil
1 small leek, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
4 ounces sliced mushrooms (about 1½ to 2 cups), white button or cremini work well
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon fresh thyme
½ cup whole milk
½ cup heavy cream
4 large eggs
½ cup shredded Gruyère or Swiss cheese
Nutritional information per serving (based on 12 servings):
Calories 194 (70% from fat) • carb. 9g • pro. 5g • fat 15g • sat. fat 9g
• chol. 102mg • sod. 232mg • calc. 73mg • fiber 0g
1. Prepare the filling: Put the butter into a large skillet over medium heat. Once the butter melts, add the leek with a pinch of salt and pepper and sauté until just softened, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and thyme and sauté until softened and lightly browned, add additional butter or oil if the pan seems to dry. Reserve.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, heavy cream and eggs with the remaining salt and pepper.
3. Scatter the leek and mushroom mixture evenly in the blind-baked shell. Pour the egg/cream mixture over to fill the tart shell and then scatter the shredded cheese evenly on top.
4. Adjust the rack to position 2. Set the oven to Bake at 350°F for 16 minutes. Once preheated, carefully put the filled quiche into the oven.
Allow to bake until the custard is just set.
5. If desired, broil for 2 to 3 minutes to brown the top of the quiche.
6. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!