The key to these nachos is to layer the cheese between the chips. This way everyone gets a bit of cheese with every bite!
8 cups tortilla chips (enough to cover the bottom of the baking pan), divided
2½ cups shredded Cheddar and/or Monterey Jack, divided
¾ cup refried beans (about ½ of a 15.5-ounce can)
2 small to medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 jalapeño, halved, seeded and thinly sliced
4 scallions, thinly sliced
1 can (4.5 ounces) chopped green chiles
1 cup sliced black olives
salsa, guacamole and sour cream for serving
lime wedges, for serving
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 246 (54% from fat) • carb. 18g • pro. 10g • fat 15g • sat. fat 7g
• chol. 30g • sod. 431mg • calc. 253mg • fiber 2g
1. Line the baking pan with aluminum foil. Evenly distribute half of the chips in the prepared pan. Cover with about ½ cup of the cheese, then the remaining chips. Top with the remaining ingredients, as evenly as possible, finishing with the remaining cheese.
2. Adjust the rack to position 2. Preheat the oven by selecting Dual Cook, first set to Bake at 350°F for 5 minutes, then set to Broil at 500°F for 5 minutes.
3. When the oven beeps to signal that it is preheated, put the nachos in. Keep an eye on the nachos while they are cooking – some cheeses melt and brown more quickly than others.
4. Serve immediately with salsa, sour cream, guacamole and lime wedges.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!