Shrimp and Vegetable QuesadillasCuisinart Original Recipe
Shrimp and Marinade:
1/2 pound large shrimp, deveined and shelled, rinsed well (should be about 8 to 9 shrimp)
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1/2 jalapeno pepper, deseeded and sliced
1 small garlic clove, crushed
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 small bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch slices
1/2 jalapeno pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
4 small flour or corn tortillas (6-inch, if you only have 8-inch tortillas, you'll need to assemble the quesadillas in batches)
1 teaspoon vegetable oil, plus more for brushing the tortillas
3 ounces Queso Fresco, shredded
1. Toss the first seven ingredients together in a medium-large mixing bowl. Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
2. In a separate mixing bowl, combine the peppers, onion, half of the salt and olive oil. Reserve.
3. Ten minutes before shrimp have finished marinating, preheat the Cuisinart® Compact Grill Centro, fitted with the Grill plate, to High.
4. Remove the shrimp from the marinade and sprinkle with the remaining salt. Thread shrimp onto 3 of the provided skewers (about 3 shrimp per skewer, depending on the size of the shrimp). Fit skewers into place. Grill shrimp until fully cooked and opaque throughout, about 6 to 8 minutes.
5. While shrimp are cooking underneath, put the onions and peppers on the preheated Grill top. Toss frequently and cook until softened, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove and reserve.
6. While shrimp and vegetables are cooking, brush one side of each tortilla with the vegetable oil.
7. Once shrimp and vegetables have fully cooked, remove from Grill. Reserve.
8 Place 2 tortillas on the Grill (or 1 if using 8-inch tortillas), oiled side down. On each tortilla place 1/4 of the cheese, 1/2 of the vegetables, 1/2 of the shrimp, and another 1/4 of the cheese. Top with tortilla oiled side up. Grill quesadillas 2 to 3 minutes per side, until the cheese has melted, vegetables warmed through, and the tortillas are crispy. Repeat if necessary with the other if using 6-inch tortillas.
9 Cut each quesadilla into quarters. Serve with sides of salsa, sour cream, and guacamole.
ServingsMakes 2 quesadillas
Nutritional information per quesadilla:
Calories 564 (44% from fat) • carb. 40g • pro. 38g • fat 28g • sat. fat 11g
• chol. 217mg • sod. 1299mg • calc. 439mg • fiber 3g
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!