Grilled Vegetable SaladCuisinart Original Recipe
1/2 medium to large red pepper, approximately 4 ounces, cut into 1/4-inch slices widthwise
1/2 small zucchini, approximately 3 ounces, ends trimmed, halved widthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices lengthwise
4oz. trimmed asparagus
1/4 small eggplant, approximately 3 ounces, ends trimmed, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
1 green onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
3 leaves basil, sliced thinly
1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice or balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat Cuisinart® Compact Grill Centro, fitted with the Grill plate, to Medium.
2. While Grill is heating, place all vegetables in a large mixing bowl. Toss with garlic, 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, ½ teaspoon of kosher salt and ¼ teaspoon of black pepper.
3. Once preheated (about 10 minutes), put vegetables onto Grill in a single layer. Grill vegetables until tender, approximately 4 to 5 minutes per side. Vegetables should be cooked in at least 2 batches.
4. Once all vegetables are Grilled, put back in mixing bowl and toss with remaining teaspoon of olive oil, salt and pepper, basil, and lemon juice or vinegar.
5. Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly. Serve immediately, warm or at room temperature.
ServingsMakes two 1-cup servings
Nutritional information per 1-cup serving:
Calories 126 (62% from fat) • carb. 10g • pro. 3g • fat 10g • sat. fat 1g
• chol. 0mg • sod. 541mg • calc. 37mg • fiber 5g
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!