Makes about 2 cups.
4 ounces Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, cut into ½-inch pieces
3 ounces Italian fontina cheese
2 cups heavy cream
2 garlic cloves, crushed
4 ounces mascarpone
½ teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 368 (85% from fat ) • carb. 3g • pro. 10g • fat 35g • sat. fat 22g • Col. 122mg • sod. 338mg • calc. 242mg • fiber 0g
1. Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add, 4 ounces of Reggiano, cut into ½-inch pieces, to the work bowl. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
2. The processor is set to grate for 45 seconds on Speed 12.
3. Replace the Metal Chopping Blade with the Shredding Disc Assembly adjusted to coarse shred. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
4. Shred 3 ounces of fontina on Speed 12. Remove and reserve the prepared cheese.
5. Insert the Stirring Paddle. Add 2 cups heavy cream and 2 crushed garlic cloves. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap removed.
6. The cooking time is set for 8 minutes at 275°F on Speed 2.
7. When the cream is close to a boil, the cooking time will then be set for 45 minutes at 212°F on Speed 2.
8. The cream should be simmering and thickened.
9. Add reserved cheese, including 4 ounces of mascarpone.
10. Cooking time is set for 3 minutes at 180°F on Speed 4.
11. Season with ½ teaspoon white pepper and ¼ teaspoon grated nutmeg.
12. Taste and adjust seasoning according to preference.