Recent Posts Subscriptions
- Valentine's Day Popcorn & Family Fun!
- Dorm-Friendly Breakfast
- Lemon Sponge Cake with Raspberry Sauce
- National Potato Lovers Month
June 12, 2014 • Posted by Brea Buffaloe
Father’s Day is special in many ways. It’s the day you get to show dad how much he means to you and the rest of your family for all of the wonderful things he has done. Gift ideas are endless, from electronics to clothing, you name it! But what better way to show dad how much you love him than through his stomach? This Sunday, make dad feel special with an amazing home-cooked meal.
Remember seeing dad grilling up those steaks at family cookouts? The smells making your tummy rumble as you waited to taste whatever he was cooking. No matter what your father is into, there’s sure to be a grill recipe that will leave him full and satisfied. As a first course something like Grilled Tomato Bruchetta is definitely a daddy pleaser. But we won’t stop there of course. You can also try Grilled Corn on the Cob as a delicious side. For dessert, Grilled Strawberry Shortcake is just as surprising as it is tasty.
For the main course it’s traditional to go with a steak recipe. We’ve got a great one here:Grilled Rib-Eye Steaks
1 boneless rib-eye steaks (about 12 ounces)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1∕8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
1. Preheat the Cuisinart® Compact Grill Centro, fitted with the Grill plate, to High.
2. Coat the steak with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil. Season evenly with the salt and pepper.
3. Once the Grill has preheated, for 10 minutes, place the steak on the hot Grill plate.
4. Grill 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until desired doneness.