Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups whole milk, divided
- 1 cup brewed espresso
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- pinch sea or kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon liquid pectin
1. Place a tall 16-ounce glass on the latte/cappuccino or travel cup tray. Using the lever, open the brew head, insert the capsule and close the brew head. Press the Long button to fill the cup (about a 1/2 cup.) Continue with remaining capsules.
2. Stir sugar into the hot espresso to dissolve and pour mixture into a freezer-safe container. Leave to cool to room temperature.
3. Once cool, cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer. Every hour, for about 5 hours total, scrape the mixture with a fork to allow crystals to form.
4. To serve, layer equal amounts of granita and whipped cream in a parfait glass. Garnish with shaved chocolate.