Back to School Meals
September 5, 2017 • Posted by Jessica Pontoriero
It’s that time of year, back to school! Preparing your child’s lunch is easy! These meals are extremely satisfying and will give your children the energy they need to get them through the day. Whether your child loves sandwiches, wraps, or salads, Cuisinart has an array of delicious options to choose from:
Sandwiches are a lunchtime classic and are simple to prepare! When it comes to storing sandwiches and keeping them fresh, try our line of storageware. Now, let’s dive into the world of sandwiches:
- California Sandwich: This sandwich is stuffs avocados, turkey, bacon, and Monterey jack cheese in-between two sliced of whole grain bread…yummy!
- Grilled Fresh Mozzarella, Tomato & Basil Panini Sandwiches: Crunch! That’s the sound of biting into this toasty focaccia panini sandwich with fresh cheese and tomatoes.
- Mini Ham and Cheese Sandwiches: Prepare ahead of time! Simply fill dinner rolls with swiss cheese and ham, then bake to perfection!
Other fun and delicious lunch options are wraps! Wraps can be filled with any of your favorite ingredients…the possibilities are endless. Wraps can also be easily stored in your child’s lunch box:
- Chicken Quesadilla Wraps: This wrap is filled with cheesy goodness! Fill a tortilla wrap, or your child’s favorite kind of wrap, with shredded chicken and cheddar or Monterey jack cheese (Leave out the jalapenos if too spicy). Can you say easy?
- Greek Chicken Wraps: This wrap is bursting with flavor! Start by spreading a zesty cream cheese mixture on the inside of the wrap. Then fill with lettuce, chicken and tomatoes. Now, that’s one hearty meal!
- Cheese Steak Wraps: This one is for the cheese steak lovers! Simply fill pizza dough with steak and cheddar cheese, then bake!
Last on our lunch menu is salad! Make sure to place an ice-pack in your child’s lunch box to keep the salad from spoiling. Quick tip: it’s best to place salad dressing in a small container and to let your child dress the salad when they are ready to eat. Doing this will keep the salad from wilting or becoming soggy. These salads are not only super flavorful, but easy to prepare too:
- Quinoa salad: This healthy salad is filled with mushrooms, pine nuts, lemon zest and fluffy quinoa. This vitamin packed lunch will certainly keep your child satisfied throughout the day.
- Chicken Salad: Chicken is tossed with ranch dressing, grapes, and crunchy pecans! You can even pack two slices of your child’s favorite kind of bread in their lunch box so that they can make a chicken salad sandwich.
- Vegetable pasta salad: Carrots, peppers, and broccoli come together in this tasty lunch. You can always substitute any of the veggies with your child’s favorites!
We hope that your child has a successful school year filled with delicious lunches!