Spring Wedding Cakes
May 4, 2017 • Posted by Jessica Pontoriero
Spring is filled with the smell of fresh air, blooming flowers, and love…Spring is simply a joy filled season! A Spring inspired wedding cake will surely consist of lively colors, sweet flavors, and delicate designs. If you don't know where to start, or what flavor you'd like, we're here to help! Let the wedding bells ring with these gorgeous (and delicious) cake ideas:
A wedding cake is simply a show stopper! Just let your imagination run wild and the Spring season be your guide! From lace, to florals, to simple embellishments…cake decorating options are literally endless:
- Color The most popular colors of the Spring season are pastels. This includes light blue, peach, mint, pale yellow, and lavender. You can either keep the cake in traditional white and add pastel colored accents or cover the entire cake in the shade your choice. Another colorful idea is to ombre the cake. Ombre simply means that one color will fade down into lighter hues with each cake tier.
- Florals Spring is about blooming flowers! So, why not incorporate them into your wedding cake?! Top the cake with white roses, peonies, or pansies for an extra elegant touch! You can also add them around the tiers of the cake as well. You can even show your cake designer a picture of the flowers you will having at your wedding and he/she can create editable ones with sugar!
- Sugar Pearls, Lace and Ruffles… If you would like to add a little bit of glitz and glamor to the cake, try adding some sugar pearls, lace, and ruffles. Place pearls all over the cake for a dramatic look! You can also place lace or ruffles at the bottom of each cake tier for some pizzazz!
- Piped Patterns and Textures Incorporate pipped patterns and textures onto your cake for an extra pop! You can also show your cake decorator a swatch of fabric would like to mimic on the cake. For some added flair, you can add some dramatic hand painted designs with watercolors.
- Shape of Cake Another element to consider is the shape of your cake. Wedding cakes can come in all different shapes and sizes! Will your cake be square or be traditional round? Here is another eye-catching option to consider: Make each tier of the cake a different shape!
- Naked Wedding Cake The naked wedding cake is a popular trend right now! This type of cake is not frosted on the outside, making the layers of cake and filling visible. You can simply add some flowers on top for added decoration…simple and charming!
Wedding cakes are beautiful to look at, but even more fun to eat! Whether you are a chocolate lover or like to keep things simple with classic vanilla, we have a variety of options that will surely satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth:
- Vanilla Cake with Citrus Orange Buttercream
- Yellow Cake with White Chocolate and Raspberry Mousse
- Vanilla Almond Cake with Fresh Whipped Cream and Peaches or Blackberries
- Chocolate Marbled Cake with Chocolate Cherry Mousse
- Pink Champagne Cake with Lemon Curd
- Golden Cake with Honey Buttercream and Pistachios
- Banana Infused Cake with Chocolate Buttercream and Coconut
We hope your wedding day shines bright, is filled with everlasting love, and delicious cake!