2 cups broccoli
1/2 tsp dried minced garlic
1/2 tsp dried minced onion
1/4 tsp chili powder
1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
Dash of salt and pepper – to taste
5 oz. evaporated milk (not sweetened condensed)
1. Put broccoli, seasonings, and stock into a microwave safe container and microwave on high for 4 minutes.
2. Put everything into a blender container, add evaporated milk, and then blend until smooth.
3. Serve with shredded cheese & crackers if desired.
1. Substitute asparagus tips for the broccoli to make asparagus soup.
2. Substitute cherry tomatoes for the broccoli to make tomato soup. Add some Italian seasonings if desired.
3. Substitute plain yogurt for the evaporated milk for a thicker consistency and added nutrition.