Spicy Lamb Soup
1 pound lamb shank
3 tablespoons of oil
1 medium onion sliced
1 jalapeno pepper chopped (deseeded if you preferred)
1-2 tablespoon ginger and garlic paste
1 cinnamon stick
1 bay leave
1 star anise
1-2 tablespoon coriander powder
1-2 tsp cumin powder
2 potatoes cubed
2 carrots cubed
6-8 cups of water
1 cube chicken bouillon
salt & pepper to taste
2-3 tablespoons of Cilantro chopped
1. Mix the ginger & garlic paste, coriander powder, cumin powder, salt, pepper with lamb shanks.
2. Heat oil, add cinnamon stick, cardamom, cloves, star anise, bay leave and let it pop. Add onions and jalapeno and let it brown.
3. Add meat and let it cook for 10 mins, add potatoes, carrots, chicken bouillon cube, salt and pepper and mix well.
4. Add water and let it come to a boil and reduce the heat to low and let it stew for about 45 mins to an hour.
5. Sprinkle cilantro leaves and serve with crusty bread.