Butternut Squash Soup
Butternut Squash- 4 baby butternut or 1 large (about 6 cups)
Chicken Bouillon- 5 cubes (unsalted) or single packages
1 medium onion
1 T. olive oil
4 cups water
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Nutmeg (optional)- I put in about a half a teaspoon
Parsley to garnish
1. Wash and cut the squash in half.
2. Roast the squash, cut side down on a sheet in the oven for about 45 minutes at 350º. Then scoop out the prepared squash.
3. In a large saucepan, sauté the chopped onion in the olive oil until tender. Add squash, water, bouillon, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
4. Bring to a boil and cook for 30 minutes or until squash is tender.
5. Puree squash mixture in a blender in batches until smooth and return to saucepan.
6. Before serving, add cream and heat through. Do not allow to boil.
7. Garnish with parsley and serve.