HurachesUser Submitted Recipe
a la TOPIARY
2 cups dehydrated masa flour (corn tortilla flour)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth
Onions - Caramelized
Cheddar, Oaxaca or Fontina Cheese
1. In a bowl, stir masa flour, baking powder, salt, and broth until dough holds together well, adding a little water if needed.
2. Divide dough into 4 equal portions. Shape each portion into a 6-inch-long log on a sheet of waxed paper. Pat each log into a 1/8-inch-thick oval, about 4 by 8 inches. (If shaped ahead, stack with waxed paper, wrap airtight, and refrigerate up to 2 hours.)
3. Place a griddle or 2 frying pans (10 to 12 in.) over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, flip masa dough onto pan and peel off paper. Cook until bottom of masa is light brown, about 3 or 4 minutes. Use a wide spatula to turn huaraches over.
Top with: Fontina or Cheddar Cheese, Caramelized Onions
4. Spread over each huarache. Cook until huarache bottoms are lightly browned, 3 or 4 minutes. With a wide spatula, transfer to plates.
5. Top huaraches with beef, pork, shrimp or chicken warmed in mole, add Pico de Gallo, avocado and cilantro.
Serve on a warm platter.
Servings2 entree or 4 h'ordeurve