Spicy Curried Peanut Pumpkin SoupUser Submitted Recipe
2 tablespoons roasted peanuts, diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 sweet onion, peeled and diced
1 galic clove, peeled and pressed
2 cups pumpkin puree
1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter
1 tablespoon madras curry powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 cup coconut creme
2 3/4 cups chicken broth
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place the peanuts onto a small cookie sheet and roast in a preheated 350-degree oven for 10 minutes. Cool slightly, chop coarsely and set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic saute until softened, about 5 minutes. With a whisk, stir in the pumpkin, peanut butter, chicken broth, curry powder, cayenne and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer over medium-low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
3. Puree the soup with a stick blender. Reheat for about 5 minutes but do not let the soup come to a boil.
4. Soften coconut creme in the microwave for 15-25 seconds until thin and pourable.
5. Ladle soup into bowls and garnish each with the cocnut creme and chopped peanuts.
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!