Beef Stock (for MSC)Cuisinart Original Recipe
There is nothing more wholesome or
economical than preparing your own
1 teaspoon olive oil
4 pounds beef bones
large onion, peeled and
cut into eighths
large leek, root end trimmed, washed well and cut into 2-inch pieces
medium carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
medium celery stalks, cut into 2-inch pieces
1 large handful fresh Italian parsley
1 teaspoon black peppercorns
1 bay leaf
1 garlic clove, crushed
12 cups cold water
1. Preheat the Multicooker to Brown/Sauté at 400°F. Put the oil into the cooking pot, and then brown the bones well, in batches if necessary, on all sides. Remove the beef bones and carefully remove the pot and pour out any residual grease.
2. Return pot to unit. Add the browned bones and remaining ingredients to the pot. Cover and switch to Slow Cook on Simmer for 14 to 20 hours.
3. Once unit switches to Keep Warm, strain stock, discarding beef bones and vegetables. Use immediately or cool to place in storage containers for refrigerator or freezer.*
* Stock will keep in refrigerator for up to one week, or two months in the freezer.
ServingsMakes about 10 to 11 cups
Nutritional information per serving (½ cup):
Calories 42 (15% from fat) • carb. 3g • pro. 3g
• fat 2g • sat. fat 1g • chol. 7mg • sod. 28mg
• calc. 20mg • fiber 0g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
3-in-1 Cook Central®
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!