Tomato soup with Indian twistUser Submitted Recipe
Indian style tomato soup to warm the winters
- 12 cups of fresh diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of carrots diced
- 2 cup of sweet onions diced
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 jalapeno (take out the seeds and dice them)
- cumin powder
- paprika to taste
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- fresh cream
- olive oil
- 2 tbs of chopped parsley
1) chop all the vegetables. Make sure the carrots are small as they take long to cook
2) heat up olive oil and add the garlic, onions and jalapeno, a tea spoon on sugar. Don't let the onions brown too much
3) Add the carrots and let the onions brown now.
4) Add the tomatoes after 10 mins.
5) Add 2 cup of vegetable stock with the tomatoes.
6) Add salt to taste
7) add 1/2 a tea spoon of cumin powder
8) add 1/4 tea spoon of paprika (for a kick)
9) let it simmer for about 1 hour till the carrots are soft and the tomato has broken down.
10) cool down for 20 minutes.
11) blend the entire content.
12) Use a stainer and strain the blended soup.
13) Bring it back into boil and taste the salt.
14) when the soup has come into boil add 1/2 cup of fresh cream.
15) turn it off after 5 mins and adjust salt accordingly.
16) sprinkle parsley on top and serve with toasted garlic bread
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!