brocolli cheese soupUser Submitted Recipe
3 T butter
1 medium onion diced
1 glove garlic chopped
1/2 t salt
1/4 t white pepper
1/4 t thyme
3 T flour
3 cups chicken stock
1 16 oz pkg frozen broccoli
1/2 cup cream
2 cups shredded cheese
1. Melt butter over medium high heat.
2. Add onions and stir until soft ( about 3 min). Add salt pepper garlic and thyme. Stir for another 3 min. Add flour and stir until incorporated.
4. Slowly add stock scraping bottom of pan. Bring to a boil.
5. Add broccoli and cook for 10 min.
6. Use an immersion blender or blend in batches until smooth.
7. Add Cream and cheese and allow to simmer for 10 min.