Carrot Soup for the Spring and SummerUser Submitted Recipe
2 tbspns Olive Oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium yellow onion, diced
1/4 tspn cayenne (or more - - to taste)
Salt & Pepper
1 medium baking potato, diced
2 lbs carrots, peeled and cut into pieces
6 cups vegetable stock
Dill Oil (heat 1/4 cup of olive oil, throw in few tbspns fresh chopped dill, let cool)
1. Saute the garlic and onions in the olive oil for a few minutes, until translucent.
2. Mix in the spices
3. Add the potato, carrots and the vegetable stock
4. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 15-20 minutes until the potato and carrots are soft
5. Puree (immersion blender, food
processor, blender, food mill...)
6. Put in bowls & drizzle dill oil on top just before serving.
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!