Creamy Zucchini soupUser Submitted Recipe
1 T butter or margarine
1 T olive oil
1 small onion peeled and finely chopped
2 med. cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
4 med. zucchinis, trimmed and thinly sliced
2 cups chicken broth
1/4 t. crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 c. light sour cream
3 T fresh lemon juice
1/4 t. Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
4 med. basil leaves
4 t. grated Parmesan
1. In a medium pan, heat the butter and the oil together. Add onion and garlic; sauté 5 min.
2. Add the zucchini, broth and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to med.-low. Cook 20 min.
3. Cool slightly. Puree the soup with the sour cream or yogurt in a Cuisinart food processor. Pour back into the pan. Add the lemon juice, salt and pepper. Place over medium-low heat until hot.
4. To make the basil chiffonade, stack the basil leaves and roll tightly. Cut with kitchen scissors into very thin shreds.
5. Garnish ea. serving with some basil chiffonade and grated Parmesan cheese.