Roasted Pepper Rice PilafCuisinart Original Recipe
1 medium red bell pepper (about 7 to 8 ounces)
1 medium yellow bell pepper (about 7 to 8 ounces)
2 1/4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
1/2 medium onion, peeled and chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
1/2 cup wehani* or brown basmati rice
2 1/2 cups chicken broth low sodium
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
2 scallions, trimmed and chopped
*Wehani rice is a type of aromatic brown rice that can be found in speciality food stores
1. Put the peppers on the baking pan and rub with ¼ teaspoon of the olive oil and put in the oven with the rack in the middle rack position. Set to Bake Steam at 400°F for 30 minutes. Turn the peppers midway through cooking.
2. Once finished, put peppers in a medium bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Let rest for 30 minutes. When cool, remove peppers and peel away the skin, discarding both the skin and seeds. Cut the peppers into ½-inch dice.
3. Put the remaining olive oil into a 2-quart baking pan with the onion, garlic, rice, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Cover the pan and put in oven with the rack in the lower rack position. Set the oven to Super Steam at 300°F for 35 minutes.
4. When complete, allow rice to rest for about 15 minutes. Finish by stirring in the reserved peppers with the parsley and scallions.
ServingsMakes about 8 cups
Nutritional information per ½-cup serving:
Calories 100 (9% from fat) • carb. 21g • pro. 2g
• fat 1g • sat. fat 0g • chol. 0mg • sod. 264mg
• calc. 15mg • fiber 1g
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!